Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cash Money is an Army




















So, Michael, my New Orleans native comrade-in-painting, thinks he can out guess me on the football games.

Here's what he's predicting. I'm glad there's no money riding on this.

Washington vs Atlanta- Its really a no brainer. Atlanta knowing it has to keep pace in the NFC south will have to win this and every other game or they will lose even hopes for a wild card slot. ATL big... maybe by 21.

Arizona vs Chicago- Both teams have identity crises. I want to go with Chicago this game but I think Arizona wins it in a close one. Arizona by 3.

Baltimore and Cincy- I think Baltimore was embarrassed by the last loss to Cincy and that's enough fuel for the fire. The only caveat to this game being the obscene penalties the Ravens defense is capable of. If they control their emotions, Ravens win by 7. They had the last game but blew it with penalties.

****UPSET SPECIAL OF THE WEEK****

While others are predicting the Panthers to take down the Saints as their upset of the week. I'm going with Houston over Indy

Houston vs Indianapolis- Houston has been playing good ball the past few weeks. Moats seems to have something to prove and Slaton seemingly wants to lose the starting job by fumbling his way out of it. Indy loses their Safety and their starting Corner this week, combined with a backup kicker. Prescription for a shootout. However, I think Houston's D will be better than Indy's. Indy is the first of the last two winless teams to fall. Houston by 7.

Kansas City vs Jacksonville- I feel sorry for these poor fans. I know, I used to be there when the Saints were the Aints. This game has potential to be the lowest attendance in Jacksonville history. However, I pick Kansas to be the one legged loser in an ass kicking contest. Jacksonville by 14.

Miami vs New England- GOD I HATE JOEY PORTER. Joey, please, FYI, shut up when your team is losing. I get so tired of his commentary week after week. I'm hoping New England knocks a snot bubble in his sorry azz. I hate New England, but after some soul searching, apparently I hate New England much less than I hate Porter. Boom. NE by 17

Green Bay vs Tampa Bay- Ohhh no... Green Bay has no film on the new Tampa starting QB. That might ... nevermind. It won't matter one iota. Tampa is probably wishing they stuck with Gruden by now... and as he sips his pina colada after getting his makeup refreshed during half time on his new Monday night gig, I'm sure he is chuckling inside. Packers by 21

New Orleans vs Carolina- I know the Panthers haven't lost in the Superdome since the 2001 season and Jake Delhomme is 8-2 vs Saints, but you've got to go with the stats and not history. While Carolina may have come on in the past 3 weeks, I don't think their ready for the big boy pants yet. There is a reason the line on this game is the largest in Vegas this weekend. Saints are 13 point favorites in Vegas and 3 to 1 to win the Superbowl. They don't make these lines to lose money in Vegas. I'm going with the home team and will be one of the 12th man on the field in the Saints first 8-0 start in franchise history. Saints by 7.

Detroit vs Seattle- Really. This game bores me even talking about it. I'll actually take Detroit in this game I could care less about. Seattle has the potential to win it, but they don't know who they are right now. I'll take the hungry Detroit by a TD.

San Diego vs New York- You know, you would think the Giants would have enough pride to not let a 4 game slide happen here, but the past three weeks, when they have come up against some actual competition, the Giants are who we thought they were. And, I don think San Diego will let them off the hook. San Diego by 14.

Tennessee vs San Francisco- Hoooray that the Titans came out of the 0 win column, however, this won't be the game where they put a two in that win category. San Fran is playing great ball. They should have beaten Indy last week. I think the San Fran Linebackers will have a good time working Vince Young. Chris Johnson will be Chris Johnson and still get his in a losing effort because he is one of only 4 people playing on his team (not to mention my star fantasy football RB combined with Ronnie Brown). I'll take the San Francisco treats over the Titans by 10.

Dallas vs Philadelphia- This is gonna be a good game. I really don't like Dallas, However I think that a Philly win will only give them more confidence as we move into the last half of the season. I don't want Philly to be confident because if we have to play them in the playoffs, I'd like them to be that team that backed in. I think Dallas is the weaker team of the two by far, however, I'd rather have Dallas with the fluke win.... all in preparation for post season hopes that is. That being said. Philly takes it by 10

Pittsburgh vs Denver- Ok, so Denver was doing well until they got spanked by the Ravens. I think the spankings continue this week when Pittsburgh puts it on them. I actually heard talks 2 weeks ago of Orton being in the same class as Payton, Brees, Brady... Orton. Ummmm No. Orton feeds the ball to the burgh D this week. Defending champs win by 3.

1 comment:

  1. I went out on a limb with the detroit and houston picks... and i really expected san fran to take one from the titans. 7-6... probably my worst this season. You got me this week.

    Cash Money... haha
    Didnt expect you to post my pics on your blog too.

    ReplyDelete