Sunday, November 1, 2009

Join the Revolution















So, I went to this thing called Creative Conversations this past week. Now, for someone who is more of an Analytic Antisocial, it was pretty good. I learned a lot of things about Memphis that I didn't know.

One of them was the existence of Revolutions Community Bicycle Shop. I'm not a bicycle rider, mainly because I am unsafe. I'm a believer in bicycle riding, but I almost killed myself by running into a German senior citizen once and let's just call that a deal-breaker.

Anyway, Revolutions is a community bike shop that recycles and rehabilitates old bicycles--over 1500 to date--for a city that desperately needs to rid itself of its automobile addiction.

They also organize community events and film festivals, so we're three for three. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment