Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Think There's Something Wrong With Me




















So I watched that show Glee tonight between the Phillies game, and I actually wasn't repulsed.

I actually thought it was pretty funny.

The song choices were great. Bust a Move? That one from My Fair Lady is good, and they staged it well. But, I mean, The Thong Song? That's Genius.

Even the way they redid them wasn't offensive. By which I mean, in a manner blasphemous, but not odious like something fetid or festering.

And it's got football in it.

Which brings me to my main point.

My award for best use of football in a high school feature goes to The New Guy, to which I was hipped by my friend Mishael. The scoring to JT Money is brilliant. And the DJ Qualls as George C. Scott as General George S. Patton is absolute perfection, improved upon only were this un film di Mel Brooks. It's the best.

And, speaking of football in high school. Guy in Glee who's in charge of the Nike product placement. Get your friend who is in charge of the 7-11 product placement. Consider subtlety.

1 comment: